222 N. Pacific Coast Highway,
El Segundo, California 90245
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., History
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, J.D., Staff Writer and Associate Editor, Loyola of Los Angeles International Law Journal
Stephen Z. Boren
Mr. Boren litigates numerous complex business, real estate and commercial matters from inception through conclusion. For almost 20 years, Mr. Boren has successfully tried, mediated and arbitrated cases on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants. Mr. Boren also works with real estate owners and developers, as well as entrepreneurs, in advising them with regard to various aspects of their businesses.
When Mr. Boren is not litigating cases, he enjoys traveling, cycling, and snowboarding. As an avid cyclist, Mr. Boren can often be seen riding in the hills and mountains of Southern California.
The following are just a few examples of Mr. Boren’s major victories for clients of the firm:
- James Decker v. William Schumer, Case No. BC432289 – joint and several multi-million fraud judgment after 5 week jury trial for a group of investors against hard money lenders, appraiser and developer
- Super Color Digital, LLC v. Scott Powers, et. al., Case No. 30-2013-00643916 – complete defense verdict in three month jury trial by large company suing start-up and its employees for allegedly misappropriating confidential and proprietary information
- Nolan v. Lombardia Capital Partners, LLC et. al., Case No. BC399576 – fraud judgment, including an award of punitive damages, against fund for failure to pay to commissions
- Joyce Cammilleri v. Hale Nehoa Terrace, LLC, Case No. BC366756 – fraud judgment, including an award of punitive damages, against real estate broker concerning sale of home
- Patrick Hallett v. Andy Khau, Case No. BC561812 – fraud and breach of contract judgment against a seller of commercial property in downtown Los Angeles
Mr. Boren began his legal career with Liner, Yankelevitz, Sunshine & Regenstreif, LLP specializing in business, entertainment, real estate and class action litigation. While at Liner, Mr. Boren represented Fortune 500 companies, entertainment studios, and a variety of small and large business owners.
Sharing the entrepreneurial spirit of many of his clients, Mr. Boren formed The Law Offices of Boren and Luftman with Amanda N. Luftman in 2003. Mr. Boren and Ms. Luftman then joined forces with Jeremy Osher and together they established Boren, Osher & Luftman, LLP in 2007.